angstzeit: (Default)
[personal profile] angstzeit
This is supposed to be a 30 day meme. Doing this over 30 days isn't happening. So here's the whole thing at once.




Day 1: Your favorite song.
Favorite songs tend to be quite transient with me. The song stuck in my head the last week is this:


Day 2: A song that makes you cry.
Songs generally don't make me cry unless I'm primed to do so but this one is likely to do so when I'm in that mood:


Day 3: A song that makes you dance.
Yes, I am odd. But this always gets me moving:


Day 4: Your favorite male singer.
Some people have criticized Eno's voice, including Eno, but I've always liked it.


Day 5: Your favorite female singer.
I'm one of those crazy Tori Amos Fans. I don't love everything she's done but she's done some amazing stuff (go to 1:58 to bypass Charlie Gibson asking stupid questions):


Day 6: Your favorite band.
Several bands could qualify from Kiss to Pink Floyd, Rush to ELO but I've always had a soft spot for old Scorpions when Uli Roth was with them. This is one of my favorite songs in general:


Day 7: One band/singer you're ashamed to admit you like.
I've always been a bit contrary in the music I've liked and have often gone against my peers' tastes. So I'm kind of used to liking stuff I'm "not supposed to" and don't feel much shame. Though this is probably the most unexpected:


Day 8: One band/singer whose popularity you will never understand.
Ah, an opportunity to offend some people. These two are pretty much the epitome of popularity beyond substance. I'm not saying they're bad, I just haven't seen anything to justify their massive popularity. I'm not sure anybody could do anything to justify such popularity:



Day 9: A song that reminds you of an ex.
There's some of this song in every relationship I've had.
ETA: I was afraid Sony would be assholes about this. I'll see if I can get the song up some other way.


Day 10: A song that reminds you of your father.
My dad was not one to listen to anything over and over. It's probable that my atypical musical tastes were inherited from him. He likes a lot of kinds of music but is particular just the same. I don't think he paid much attention to anything popular past the early 60s. Though I did lend him my Pink Floyd albums once and he gave them a listen and even taped some of "Dark Side of the Moon" (when he mentioned this to his co-workers they asked if he was smoking pot too). So in honor of that:


Day 11: A song that reminds you of your mother.
My mom's always been a big Frankie Laine fan. She played the "Hell Bent for Leather" album often when I was young and I loved it. Bowie Knife is just a great song period.


Day 12: A song that makes you want to have sex.
Music generally doesn't do that for me. I'm more visually oriented in that area. But to satisfy the salacious answer expectations of this question here's some TMI trivia: I lost my virginity to Fripp & Eno's "Heavenly Music Corporation."

Day 13: A song you sing in the shower.
Whatever is playing. When around other people I have to stop myself from singing along with songs I like.

Day 14: A song from the year you were born.
I'll just mention that the Beatles arrived in America the day before I was born.

Day 15: A song you liked in high school.
I was pretty oblivious to the popular music of the time generally preferring the music of 5 to 10 years before my high school years.


Day 16: The first song in your mp3 folder.
You may notice my music is arranged alpha-by-artist at the moment.


Day 17: The last song in your mp3 folder.
I came across this band somewhere on the interwebs several years ago. I emailed the guy and he sent me a tape. Interestingly, this version of this song doesn't seem to appear anywhere else. I'm quite fond of it:


Day 18: An instrumental song you like.
I like a lot of instrumental songs. This one is particularly beautiful, though.


Day 19: Your favorite love song.
I love this song anyway.


Day 20: Your favorite breakup song.
I've shouted along with this while nursing a broken heart.


Day 21: A song that makes you want to break stuff.
Hard to stay calm while listening to this:


Day 22: Your favorite song from a movie.
Ennio. Hell yeah.


Day 23: Your favorite duet.
From the first album I ever bought:


Day 24: Your favorite cover song.
See Day 26.

Day 25: Your favorite song from 2010 (so far)
I'm not sure I really know a song from 2010.

Day 26: Your favorite music video.
This video almost makes up for all the really crappy music videos out there. I can't watch it without tearing up.


Day 27: One song in your mp3 folder you're pretty sure no one else has.
I've got one I know for a fact no one else has since I made it and it's a working mix. ;) Though the day 17 song is very unlikely to be in anyone else's mp3s since as far as I know it was only released on cassette tape by the musician himself. I threw together the video to put on YouTube.

Day 28: One song that needs to never be played again.
Can't think of one. Sure there's plenty I've wished they'd give a rest. Some I never want to hear again. But I think the world needs all the songs and songs need to be played.

Day 29: One song that gives you the creeps.
Hmmm. A lot of songs I regularly listen to would probably give a lot of people the creeps. Oh wait. Yeah. There's a song that gave me the creeps. I won't find it for you. It's called "Suicide Sutra" by John Giorno.

Day 30: A song you'd like played at your funeral.
Here's two (please listen to both or neither):

Date: 2010-08-25 03:46 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] porcelain72.livejournal.com
Some excellent picks here.

Date: 2010-08-25 04:17 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] angstzeit.livejournal.com
Thanks, glad you enjoyed it!

March 2016

S M T W T F S
  12345
67 89101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
2728293031  

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Oct. 13th, 2026 06:33 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios